Senior citizens represent an important and ever growing part of the European society, our economy, culture and our lives, and ‘Active Ageing’ as a term entails the framework in which elderly people experience a better ageing through the boosting of their life quality and the independence; adding ‘digitality’ in the procedure of ‘active ageing’ means that we provide them with the essential skills to respond to the 21st century features and demands & at the same time to help them come closer to a model of a completed life of welfare perspectives, social participation, personal improvement, independent living.
The project proADAS is in alliance with the development of relevant-high quality skills and competences, since the partnership of the participating bodies here are oriented and committed to implement all these actions/activities needed for supporting seniors in acquiring and cultivating to their best level the basic skills and key competences, both with a digital content, towards personal development, civic participation and successful social life.
The proADAS project aims to:
- Tackle the gap between ageing population and digital literacy and address the high necessity for digital key competences due to seniors population proportion in Europe, contributing at the same time in the alliance of societal challenges, technological developments and economical growth
- Strengthen and reinforce the stakeholders, experts and practitioners in the fields of adult education & lifelong learning, digital education & promotion of active ageing competences; empower relative training providers adult’s educators and older people’s carers to successfully deal with seniors’ training and the variety of cases
- Make digital competences more accessible to seniors over 60-year old and increase the use of ICT at all levels (instrumental activities, social participation, learning, etc)
- Enhance seniors competences and skills -thus their social participation and quality of life-in the proper way so that they are positively included into society and preventing their isolation concerning specially gender difference & in regards with digital technology and developments
- Design and create innovative methods and supportive packages with digital tools & Open Educational Resources towards trainers and trainees needs
- Construct a real methodology and subsequent approaches gathered in a curriculum tailored to seniors characteristics and needs with educational practices and learning materials arising from and adapted to the variety and variability of the third age
- Enhance the international and European dimension of active digital ageing accompanied with an impact on relevant decision makers at local, regional, national and European framework
The proADAS is a project whose transnational necessity is highly proven by the ageing polulation themselves; Europe has a high presence in the world’s countries with the highest percentage in third age population.
- Center for Social Innovation – CSI, Cyprus: www.csicy.com
- Diciannove società cooperativa, Italy: https://19.coop/en/
- Erasmus University College Brussels – EhB, Belgium: https://www.erasmushogeschool.be/en
- E-Seniors, France: http://www.eseniors.eu/
- Xenios Polis. Culture, Science & Action, Greece: https://xeniospolis.gr/en/
- European University of Cyprus – EUC, Cyprus: https://euc.ac.cy/
7. Adriatic-Ionian Euroregion (AIE), Croatia: https://www.adriaticionianeuroregion.eu/
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. [Project number: 2018-1-CY01-KA204-046895]