There is still a long way to go before women achieve true parity. The gap varies from country to country, but shortfalls are still very apparent. A substantial number of women are under-represented across Europe, and this is significantly higher among women with migrant background.
NOW breaks boundaries for boosting a key strategic partnership. The project will create a transnational network – UK, Cyprus, Ireland, Greece, France, Spain, Iceland and Portugal – of valuable support through peer learning, share experiences and discuss emerging good practices. This will create a unique and dynamic community of practice to address how key challenges are experienced and will tackle advancement with a multifaceted and flexible approach, targeting to empower women with migrant background, enhance their leadership aspirations and competences and provide venues for networking and integration.
– Produce a collection of women leaders’ role models to share biographies, give real-world examples and inspire migrant women
– Develop a multilingual MOOC and a CoP offering flexible learning and resources on leadership and an exchange path with other migrant women, leader women and mentors
– Develop a bespoke mentoring cycle programme to equip future mentors in providing continuous mentoring support to migrant women in career development planning as well as in navigating the complex challenges they face every day, in the workplace
– Implement pilot trials and mentoring cycles
– Engage associated partners, stakeholders and decision- and policy-makers, through dissemination and scaling actions to mainstream and deploy NOW
- Evolve Global Solutions Ltd., United Kingdom: https://www.evolve-global.uk/
- Center for Social Innovation – CSI, Cyprus: csicy.com
- FUTURE IN PERSPECTIVE LIMITED, Ireland: https://www.fipl.eu/
- IASIS NGO, Greece: iasismed.eu
- ITG Conseil, France: itg.fr
- INSTITUTO PARA EL FOMENTO DEL DESARROLLO Y LA FORMACION SL, Spain: http://infodef.es/
- Kvenréttindafélag Íslands, Iceland: http://kvenrettindafelag.is/en/
- Mindshift Talent Advisory, Portugal: mindshift.pt
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. [Project number:2019-1-UK01-KA204-061406]