MaMuMi “Mapping the Music of Migration” is a two-year European, Erasmus+ musical inheritance project focused on talking about music and song as a tool for intercultural competency. It involves the collection, editing and uploading of “Song Stories”, stories about music to an interactive app. These stories focus on “inheritance tracks”; the songs or music that migrants have inherited, the discussion of which acts as a platform for diversity awareness in dedicated MaMuMi “Song Worlds” Workshops’.
- A methodological framework (IO1);
- MaMuMi Music Workshops, where participants will be trained in the Song Stories
- method (IO2);
- The MaMuMi Audio Collection, where participants will upload stories to the online archive as part of the MaMuMi website (IO3);
- The MaMuMi Music Migration Map, where individual song stories (audio and clips of music) will be added to a virtual map (IO4);
- A Briefing Paper detailing the project and its journey (IO5).
- Increased understanding of the histories and emotional pasts of migrants;
- Increased understanding for migrants of NGOs’ stories (as trainers will be invited to partake in the workshops too, providing their own song stories – although these will not be mapped on the app);
- Visibility of specific migration journeys narrated by migrants themselves via the MaMuMi method of talking about song.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project Number: 2019-1-UK01-KA204-061966.his project has been funded with support from the E