The Center for Social Innovation (CSI) Ltd. is growing and looking to expand its Digital Media Team (DMT)
The Center for Social Innovation (CSI) Ltd. (https://csicy.com/) is an organization that focuses on identifying and solving social problems in the markets and communities, where it operates; quality ICT services are at the heart of its success. Our work environment encourages and embraces individual initiative, innovation, and creativity, and a great overall package will be offered to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be provided with extensive training in relation to our workflow. It is a requirement that the selected Graphic Designer Associate will be able to pick up the established work processes and project requirements, as well as be able to work independently within the first month of their hiring. This position is for full-time engagement.
Interested individuals should submit an updated CV and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Graphic Designer Associate
The Graphic Designer Associate will be part of a dynamic team that works collaboratively to plan and complete the Graphic Design for projects in the areas of education, high-tech, social sciences, environment, economy and entrepreneurship.
As a member of our team, we would ask for your commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In addition, we expect your personal accountability in all the services, products, actions, advice, and results that you provide as a representative of CSI. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn, grow, and stretch your knowledge to the highest level of your ability and potential.
The Graphic Designer will create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. They develop the overall layout and production design for applications such as advertisements, brochures, magazines, and reports.
Responsibilities & General Job Description
- On a weekly to monthly basis, maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Facilitate the organization of, conduct, and participate in workshops, dissemination activities, and other events related to the projects and services of the organization
- Prepare and deliver project presentations when necessary and as the relate to your job responsibilities
- Take ownership on all matters associated with the projects assigned to you
- Undertake social initiatives and relevant activities upon consultation with the management team
- Work with the Web Development Team to create the graphics for the project web/platforms that we create
- Generating WordPress themes
- Troubleshoot graphics-related problems
- Take a Project Management Lead for the graphics segment of Web & Platform Development needs for projects implemented by CSI and offer support for each, as well as conduct all the required tasks for the successful completion of each project as per this job description
- Participate in the preparation of quotations, technical research proposals, grant applications, and tenders upon consultation with the management team
- Execute any other duties and responsibilities assigned to you by the management team relating to your field of work
The Graphic Designer will typically do the following specific tasks:
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message
- Design layouts, including selection of colors, images, and typefaces
- Present design concepts to clients or art directors
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials
- Plan concept by studying information and materials
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
- Prepare finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepare final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers when necessary
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
More specifically, every European-funded project requires branding such as visual identity, meaning a branding concept that is specific to the project and helps audiences identify the specific project when they see it somewhere printed or online. A graphic designer’s task is to come up with a logo that represents the concept or idea(s) of the project, after studying the project proposal, and if necessary, consulting with the project manager. The visual identity usually revolves around a project logo, which becomes the flagship starting point for other materials to be produced.
Other Material that usually need to be developed by the Graphic Designer Associate:
- Project logo in jpg/png and pdf in high resolution
- Project flyer with information provided by partners, in English and once the translated text is received, in all languages as well
- Project poster (A3 size)
- Project banner/roll-up display
- Word document template
- PPT template
- FB page banner/cover photo
- Website banner
- Work with Web Developers to develop a layout and graphics for company or project web sites
Graphic Designer Required Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong graphics design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
Work Experience: Relevant Diverse Portfolio of work is a must and will be seriously Evaluated and Considered
Languages: Excellent working knowledge of both English and Greek
Monthly Salary: Excellent overall package will be offered to the successful candidate
Traveling: A maximum of 10 trips within EU per year is possible
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.