The project – IIoTNet – Industrial Internet of Things VET Network, is financed by the European Commission, through funds granted by the National Erasmus + Education and Training Key Action 3 (KA3) – Support for Policy Reform (Networks and Partnerships of Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers) with reference number 609085-EPP-1-2019-1-BG-EPPKA3-VET-NETPAR.
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) radically transforms contemporary industry, but unlocking its significant value is challenging and cumbersome. The emergence of the new technology is creating new skills gaps, shortages and mismatches, especially for micro companies and SMEs, who are in inferior position compared to large enterprises in manufacturing sector to attract and retain the scarce digital talents.
The IIoTNet project is designed to raise awareness and contribute to developing human capital, through upskilling and reskilling of employees among European Companies, professionals and VET providers about the potential of IIoT technologies and to give evidence of their applications.
One of the greatest benefits of IIoT must be seen in the reduction of human errors and manual labour, the increase in overall efficiency and the reduction of costs, both in terms of time and money. We also cannot forget the possible underpinnings of IIoT in quality control, maintenance, improving and making intelligent connectivity between devices or machines, increase the efficiency, providing cost savings and time savings, enhancing industrial safety.
The project aims to create a VET Network with certification scheme for professionals, being IIoT developers or users or sales workers, and training them to adapt and adopt a new common framework of best practices of the modern IIoT know-how in order to be able to combine effectively knowledge and fundamental principles from various areas of expertise of cutting edge technologies in the IIoT sector and gain a competitive advantage in their carrier path.
The project aims to:
- To support the uptake and mainstreaming of IIoT VET training and to promote the integration of talent development in collaboration with external stakeholders
- To create sustainable institutional structures and ICT tools enabling IIoT training and stakeholder co-creation in talent development
- To build IIoT VET providers teaching capacities for delivering innovative training in view of building trainees’ employability skills in fast growing industrial sectors.
- ITPIO – Institute for Training of Personnel in International Organisations (Bulgaria) – http://www.itpio.eu/
- PBI – Vocational Education Association (Latvia) – www.europea-latvia.lv
- TUCEP – Tiber Umbria Comett Education Programme (Italy) – http://www.tucep.org/
- Halsingland Education Association (Sweden) – http://www.hufb.se
- AKMI (Greece) – https://iek-akmi.edu.gr/
- IPS – Institute for Postgraduate Studies (Bulgaria) – https://www.fabuss-project.eu/team/institute-for-postgraduate-studies-ips/
- ReadLab – Research Innovation and Development Lab (Greece) – http://read-lab.eu/
- DIMITRA – Dimitra Ekpaiditiki Simvilitiki (Greece) – http://www.dimitra.gr/en/
- CSI – Center for Social Innovation (Cyprus) – www.csicy.com
Project Duration: 24 Months
Project Start: 01/09/2019
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project Number: 609085-EPP-1-2019-1-BG-EPPKA3-VET-NETPAR.