WECAN addresses entrepreneurship as a key competence to both start up a business and create value as described by the EntreComp framework. The project aims at enhancing women’s positive perceptions of their skills to start a new business through a coaching journey in which coaches with relevant entrepreneurial experience will explain what it actually takes to be an entrepreneur.
Target groups: WECoaches (peer coaches) – Adult female entrepreneurs with at least one year of relevant experience who are willing to upskill and upgrade themselves and become coaches of other peer women and who will take part to the training in Palermo (18). Adult women out of employmentor overqualified for the jobs they are currently performing and willing to start-up a new business or acquire relevant market-oriented entrepreneurial skills to create value and (re)enter the labour market being empowered, without fears and self-confident. Three per partner will be coached after C1 in the national training pilots. Tutors, trainers and counsellorswho have experience at various levels in providing non-formal learning in partners’ context.
Expected results: IO1: WECAN methodological guidefor coaching adult women in sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, IO2: WECAN Curriculum Programmewith Innovative training materials, IO3: WECAN e-Learning Pack and e-learning platform that will offer the wider community access to follow the course and get all the knowledge developed plus a diploma.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Develop basic and transversal entrepreneurial skills, using a tailored coaching programme
- Increase the sense of initiative and entrepreneurial mindset among female adults would-be or young entrepreneurs
- Promote unconventional and informal learning to build self-confidence, brake barriers and empower female adults out of employment
- Develop a coaching programme that enhances both coaches and mentees, developing new and creative tools that will improve the learning experience of the mentee and the coaching skills of experienced female entrepreneurs
- An open European education and training area thanks to the use of innovative ICT, open educational resources (OER) within the e-platform that will be freely available.
- P1: EUROCIRCLE – Centre d’Information Europe Direct (Project Coordinator), France.
- P2: Center for Social Innovation Ltd (CSI), Cyprus.
- P3: Center for Knowledge Management (CKM), North Macedonia.
- P4: Greek Association of Women Entrepreneurs (SEGE), Greece.
- P5: I-Box Create, S.L., Spain.
- P6: Centre for Creative Development “Danilo Dolci” (CSC), Italy.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project Number: 2019-1-FR01-KA204-0622152019-1-FR01-KA204-062215