Social entrepreneurship is a growing trend all over Europe: on the one hand, it tackles existing social and economic challenges – on the other one, it might help people who have fewer chances for “regular” employment to become independent and start their own business.
The institutions that initiated the project “PASSIONPRENEURS – Social entrepreneurship through passion” decided to take advantage of this trend in order to empower people who face distinct challenges due to various factors. The project aims to tackle unemployment and social exclusion of disadvantaged groups with social entrepreneurship through interests, talents and passions of marginalised adults.
- To build social entrepreneurship capacity within communities in marginalised local areas.
- To enable adults to lead change and impact on their communities.
- To create resources and support for start-up social enterprises.
- Volkshochschule im Landkreis Cham e.V. (Germany) (Coordinator)
- IDEC S.A. (Greece)
- Kaunas Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts (Lithuania)
- Asociación Caminos (Spain)
- Folkuniversitetet (Sweden)
- Center for Social Innovation LTD (Cyprus)
- Centre for Creative Development “Danilo Dolci” (Italy)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project Number: