The project – ACTION – Empowering educators and community leaders to act on climate change – is financed by the European Commission, through funds granted by the National Erasmus + Education and Training Key Action 2 (KA2) – Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices (Strategic Partnerships for Vocational Education and Training) with reference number 2019-1-FR01-KA202-062204.
There is a gap between awareness and action on climate change. ACTION wants to bridge this gap by developing a holistic framework to boost the acquisition and development of global and transversal skills on climate change related topics, among VET provides, local authorities and NGOs.
There is a need to provide educators, professionals and community leaders with learning opportunities and up-to-date facts, new and innovative training processes, cutting-edge recourses and digital era tools, to better empower their learners and citizens as ‘agents of change’ and promote closer links between education and local communities. Educators and community leaders must play an essential role in preparing present and future generations to understand and cope with climate change.
Therefore, ACTION is a cross-cutting project, which addresses learning content, outcomes and didactics, it offers a set of practical digital education resources and promotes closer links between education and local communities.
The project aims to:
- Develop a culture of sustainability, creating the background so organizations can define and implement suitable action plans to act on climate change education
- Up-skill the educators and community leaders with competences which will have the required impact on how climate change can be taught and integrated into targeted VET sectors (i.e. tourism, health and energy), but also in community-based actions.
- Provide a set of innovative and cutting-edge training curriculum and educational resources available in digital and open media, to empower educators, community leaders, learners and citizens
- Boost European dimension and cooperation, through the participation of 9 countries representing various regions who are experiencing climate change impact and organization of 2 transnational experience exchanges with peers.
- Engage associated partners, experts and key stakeholders in development, validation, dissemination and mainstreaming actions, through the local networking and multiplier events.
The project includes 10 partner entities:
CCSC (France) – https://cc-sudcorse.fr/
AEVA (Portugal) – www.epa.edu.pt
CEDRU (Portugal) – www.cedru.com
CWEP (Poland) – www.cwep.eu
EGS – Evolve Global Solutions (UK) – www.evolve-global.uk
GOI – ISTANBUL VALILIGI (Turkey) – www.istanbulab.gov.tr
INFODEF (Spain) – www.infodef.es
MEATH (Ireland) – http://www.meathpartnership.ie
CSI – Center for Social Innovation (Cyprus) – www.csicy.com
SYMPLEXIS (Greece) – https://symplexis.eu/
Project Duration: 24 Months
Project Start: 01/09/2019
Project End: 31/08/2022
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project Number: 2018-1-AT01-KA204-039210.